Friday, February 3, 2012

Beach Chat: Patricia Yager Delagrange

Beach Chat—15 rapid-fire questions asked of a writer.

Name:  Patricia Yager Delagrange

Book you are reading right now:  Home for Christmas by Thomas Kinkaide

Preference, print or ebook:  Print

Genre you write:  Women’s Fiction with Romantic Elements

Current work in progress:  Brenda’s Wish

Favorite place to write:  On my couch with my Labrador Jack sitting next to me with his ear hanging over the side of my MacBook

Biggest writing challenge:  Thinking of what book to write next

  One author, living or dead, with whom you’d like to sip Mai Tais with on Waikiki BeachJodi Picoult



Three of your favorite things: My horse, Maximus; my two kids; my two dogs. If you mean things as in objects, then my three faves would be my MacBook, my English saddle, and my couch

Worst non-writing job you ever had: Cleaning the ladies’ bathrooms at the Penny Market after it closed for the day

Dream car:  Brand new GMC Yukon


One guilty pleasure:  Eating See’s candy with a cup of coffee

Pet peeve:  Dirty pots and pans and dishes left for me to clean up in the kitchen

Favorite quote or saying:  If you don’t have an iPhone, you don’t have an iPhone.

Best beach memory: Laying on the beach with my girlfriends at 16 year’s old, slathered in baby oil, trying to get a tan but succeeding in frying myself red

Bio:  I was born and raised in the small city of Alameda, across the bay from San Francisco.  After attending St. Mary’s College, I spent my junior year at the University of Madrid then transferred to U.C. Santa Barbara where I received my B.A. in Spanish.  My Master’s degree in education is from Oregon State University.  I’m married with two teenage children, a boy and a girl, and we have two very large chocolate labs and a huge Friesian horse, Maximus.

    My book Moon Over Alcatraz was released on January 6th by Musa Publishing.

    I also write a blog every Wednesday that’s rather eclectic that you might enjoy.  I can be found at: http://www.patriciayagerdelagrange.com/

8 comments:

Ann Yost said...

Paty - I hear you on the candy and labs...I've got an oldie goldie. Sounds like your least favorite job is one of the worst jobs of all time. I'm looking forward to your book. I've read Blond Leading the Blond and found it hilarious!

catierhodes.com said...

Patti--how cool that you cleaned bathrooms at JC Penny's. That sounds like a Catie job. I am so happy that someone other than me has had a bunch of crappy jobs. (As weird as it sounds.) Jayne, thanks for hosting Patti. I enjoyed reading her rapid-fire answers.

Patricia said...

Ann, when my son complains about working at Lucky's grocery store I am quick to remind him that it certainly is FAR from being one of the worst jobs around!

Patricia said...

Catie, can we commiserate about our yucky jobs or what? Another favorite of mine was stuffing envelopes for six weeks for Blue Cross! The only thing that saved me was having a fun girl working with me.

Rhonda Hopkins said...

Jayne -- I love this feature and getting to know my author friends better

Patti -- Great job on answering the questions! I can certainly relate to yucky jobs. I had one that after I worked, my own mother wouldn't come near me until I had a shower. LOL -- Story for another time. :-)

Patricia said...

Yeah, Rhonda, but I'd still like to hear the story. Catie said she's had lots of gross jobs as well. I stuffed envelopes for six weeks once! AACK!

Jolyse Barnett said...

I enjoyed getting to know you a bit more, Patti! I thought I held the crappiest job ever, but yours beat it by a mile.

Great post, Jayne!

Julie Glover said...

Interesting stuff! I worked retail one holiday season and cleaned the bathrooms at the end of the day. The ladies' bathroom was bad, but the men's...indescribable. Such jobs make us better customers, I think. One of my favorite inventions now--the toilet seat cover.