Friday, May 4, 2012

Beach Chat with Jean C. Gordon

I love Fridays when an author stops by to chat.  Today is no exception.  Read on! 

Name: Jean C. Gordon

  Best beach memory:  I don't know about best, but the memory that come to mind first is from my child hood. When we were kids, my dad affectionately called my next younger brother Knucklehead Smith after some character from Dad's childhood. One Sunday afternoon, we were at Beaver Island State Park beach in Western NY, where my parents often took use to swim. My brother, who was a preschooler at the time, got out of Mom's sight and we were all frantically searching the beach when one of the lifeguards announced over the speaker system: "We have little dark curly haired boy at Lifeguard station number whatever, who says his name is Knucklehead Smith.”

One guilty pleasure: Electronic devices

Dream car: I'm not much of a car person, but the last time I bought a car, I thought it might be fun to buy a Tiberon for my next car.

Three of your favorite things: Family. Small-town life. Riding roller coasters.

Pet peeve: Dishonesty

Worst non-writing job you ever had: The waitress job I had at the Miss Batavia Diner when I was in college.

Book you are reading right now: Finding Perfect by Susan Mallery

Preference, print or ebook: I like both equally.

Favorite place to write: On my recliner couch in my living room.

Biggest writing challenge: Two, really. Description and scene transitions.

Genre you write: Inspirational Romance and Sweet Traditional Romance

Current work in progress: Another book for Love Inspired that I'm calling Trusting Eli.

  One author, living or dead, with whom you’d like to sip Mai Tais with on Waikiki Beach: This is hard. I know many of my favorite authors from conferences and talk with them online. So, I'm going to skip this one.

Favorite quote or saying: Thank you. I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I love you. (Ho’oponopono)

Bio:
Jean C. Gordon’s writing is a natural extension of her love of reading. From that day in first grade when she realized t-h-e was the word “the,” she’s been reading everything she can put her hands on. A professional financial planner and editor for a financial publisher, Jean is as at home writing retirement- and investment-planning advice as she is writing romance novels, but finds novels a lot more fun.

She and her college-sweetheart husband tried the city life in Los Angeles, but quickly returned home to their native Upstate New York. They share a 170-year-old farmhouse just south of Albany, NY, with their daughter and son-in-law, two grandchildren, and a menagerie of pets. Their son lives nearby. While Jean creates stories, her family grows organic fruits and vegetables and tends the livestock de jour.

Jean has written:
     Two books for Harlequin Love Inspired
·         Small-Town Sweethearts, January 2012 and
·         Small-Town Dad, January  2012
     Five books for Avalon Books
·         Bachelor Father
·         Love Undercover
·         Mandy and the Mayor
·         Candy Kisses
·         Mara's Move
     One historical
·         His Lady Viking

Although her day job, writing and family don’t leave her a lot of spare time, Jean likes to give back when she can. She and her husband team-taught a seventh-and-eighth-grade Sunday school class for several years and currently serve on her church’s Evangelism Committee. She also shares her love of books with others by volunteering at the church’s Book Nook.

You can keep in touch with her at www.Facebook.com/JeanCGordon.Author, www.JeanCGordon.com or PO Box 113, Selkirk, NY

1 comment:

Jean C. Gordon said...

Thanks for inviting me, Jayne. And in a burst of shameless promotion, as of yesterday, my first book Bachelor Father is now available as an ebook.