Friday, October 19, 2012

Beach Chat with Martha Reynolds

It's with great pleasure I introduce to you a new author who's first book Chocolate for Breakfast was recently released.  You can enter to win a free copy of this book for your Kindle by leaving a comment.  Good luck to all.  And now, without further ado, I give you...
Name:  Martha Reynolds
Recommend a Beach Read: I loved "Night Swim" by Jessica Keener
Most cherished beach memory: We had a beach house for a week when I was about ten. It was within walking distance to Sand Hill Cove, a lovely beach well-suited for kids and families. Traipsing back at the end of the day, skin tight from sunburn, Mom soothing it with Noxzema (the smell of Noxzema still reminds me of that time). Sand on the floors and in the bed. Chowder and clam cakes from the nearby restaurant, eaten outside at a picnic table. And falling asleep to the sound of the foghorn from the lighthouse.
      One author, living or dead, with whom you’d like to sip Mai Tais with on Waikiki Beach:
Harper Lee


Worst non-writing job you ever had: I worked in a factory where I spent eight hours on my feet, "flicking Bics" to test the height of the lighter flame before putting in a box. Each box held a hundred lighters. I had to put masking tape over my thumb because I had such blisters. Fortunately, I contracted mono and had to quit. This was the summer before I started college.
Favorite quote or saying: "Wishes father thought, but they breed evidence." (John Galsworthy).
Song that you dance to (when no one is watching): "Love Train" by The O'Jays (yes, I'm old!) (Come on, everyone, you know the drill...click the arrow then gut up an dance!)

Three of your favorite things: Books, music, the ocean
Two secret vices: Well, that should involve eating something, right? I would say chocolate-covered cashews because I'd likely hide them from my husband. And I don't watch a lot of TV, but do enjoy "The Amazing Race." Are those vices? I don't know.
One pet peeve: Misspellings.
       Bio: Martha Reynolds lives in Rhode Island with her husband and a little Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Bonnie. She graduated from Providence College and spent her junior year abroad in Switzerland. After graduting with a degree in English and finding no jobs, she ventured back to Switzerland and worked as a nanny. After ending an accomplished career as a fraud investigator, Martha began writing full-time last year and has published her first novel, "Chocolate for Breakfast," through Village Green Press LLC.

Chocolate for Breakfast buy link:
For your Kindle

Anyone and everyone who leaves a comment here will be entered to win a copy of Chocolate for Breakfast for your Kindle.  Don't own a Kindle?  You can gift it to someone who does.  I know how finicky Blogspot is about leaving comments so if you’d rather, send an email to: jo (at) jayneormerod (dot) com and I’ll post it here and you’ll be entered to win.  Good luck!    

No comments: