Friday, March 29, 2013

Beach Chat with Alan Cupp


I, for one, firmly believe that you CAN judge a book by its cover!  And Henery Press, the new small mystery publisher on the block, hits it out of the park on every cover I've seen of theirs.  Proof to that theorem is Malicious Masquerade,  literally hot off the presses as it was just released Tuesday.  Look at that cover! Doesn't that just make you want to curl up and allow yourself to be swallowed up by the intrigue?  And once you get to know a little bit more about the author, Alan Cupp, I know you’ll be racing to your reading device or online bookstore. So without further babbling on my part, let’s get to know a little more about this mystery writer.

Today we’re chatting with:  Alan Cupp

Most cherished beach memory: My family has taken quite a few beach vacations but the one that stands out in my mind as just being a fantastic week was in Gulf Shores Alabama when my boys were little (around 5 and 3). It was a simple week of great weather and fun family time.


Recommend a Beach Read: The Testament by John Grisham

One author, living or dead, with whom you’d like to sip Mai Tais with
on Waikiki Beach: I’d have to say Steve Martin because he’s had such a successful and diversified career as an author, comedian, actor, playwright, and musician. Plus he’s absolutely hilarious.

Worst non-writing job you ever had: When I was in college I very briefly worked part-time as a telemarketer for an insurance agent. I worked off a list of phone numbers in a particular regional area and followed a script, trying to find potential leads. Basically, I annoyed people over the phone. It was horrible. I did it about a week before I quit.

Favorite quote or saying: Nothing is more productive than the last minute.

Song that you dance to (when no one is watching): C’est La Vie by Bob Seger



Three of your favorite things: Family time, Frisbee, music

Two secret vices: Semi-sweet chocolate chips and Mountain Dew (not together) – But I don’t think it’s much of a secret.

One pet peeve: If I’m rinsing plates off after a meal, I hate it when someone stacks dirty dishes. This is so counter-productive to me because now I have to rinse off both the top and bottom of the plates before loading them into the dishwasher.

About Alan: 
     Alan Cupp loves to create and entertain, whether it’s with a captivating mystery novel or a funny promotional video for his church, he’s always anticipating his next creative endeavor. In addition to writing fiction, Alan enjoys acting, music, travel, and playing sports. His life’s motto is, “It’s better to wear out than rust out.” Alan places a high value on time spent with his beautiful wife and their two sons. He lives his life according to his 4F philosophy: Faith, Family, Friends, and Fun.

Published Works:
Hot off the presses:  Malicious Masquerade 
     Chicago PI Carter Mays is thrust into a perilous masquerade when local rich girl Cindy Bedford hires him. Turns out her fianc√© failed to show up on their wedding day, the same day millions of dollars are stolen from her father’s company. While Carter takes the case, Cindy’s father tries to find him his own way. With nasty secrets, hidden finances, and a trail of revenge, it’s soon apparent no one is who they say they are. 
     Carter searches for the truth, but the situation grows more volatile as panic collides with vulnerability. Broken relationships and blurred loyalties turn deadly, fueled by past offenses and present vendettas in a quest to reveal the truth behind the masks before no one, including Carter, gets out alive.

Additional novels available from Alan Cupp:
Hatter’s Creek Rescue
Journey
Led by a Child

For more information about Alan, or to join his social networking circles, click the links below: 

Website:  www.alancupp.com


2 comments:

Alan C said...

Thanks for having me on today, Jayne. The Bob Seger song was a nice addition. Getting my dancing shoes one!

Alan C said...

'on'