Friday, March 15, 2013

Beach Chat with Annie Adams


          My secret dream is to own a flower shop.  (Well one of them anyway.  I also want to own and operate a B&B, but that’s another post for another day.)  And as you all know my favorite author is Janet Evanovich, on account of her humor and mishaps.  And I love, love, love mysteries.  So combine three of my favorite things and you get the top-selling cozy mystery on Amazon, The Final Arrangement, first in The Flower Shop Mysteries series.  I’m thrilled today to have the creator of such stop by for a Beach Chat. 

Today we’re chatting with:  Annie Adams. 

Most Cherished Beach Memory:  Being from Utah, I don't have a lot of beach memories. But, in a previous career, I traveled with a women's college sports team as a Certified Athletic Trainer. Part of our conference included the University of Hawaii. We were all so excited to travel there for a match, for most of us it would be our first trip there. We arrived at 9pm, ate dinner and went to bed. The next day, we had a short practice and then we were allowed 1 hour to find some lunch and visit the beach. Then, it was back to the hotel to get ready for our match and then on the bus to the soccer match. We withstood torrential rains, unlike anything I'd ever witnessed. We lost the match, went back to the hotel, starved, soaked and caked with red mud, then we left at 5am the next morning to catch our early flight home. Needless to say, I need a new beach memory!


Recommended Beach Read: Anything from Janet Evanovich!

One author you’d like to sip Mai Tais with on Waikiki BeachAgatha Christie

Worst non-writing job:  I've been pretty lucky with jobs, and I've had a lot of them. The hardest job I've ever had, hands down, both emotionally and physically has been waiting tables. Even loading trucks at UPS in a filthy, sweltering warehouse was a cakewalk compared to being a waitress. Always be kind to your restaurant servers!

Favorite quote or saying:  This is one of my favorites, of which I just recently became aware: "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” 
                                                             ~ Maya Angelou 

Song you dance to when no one is watchingI'm not really a closet dancer, but when I'm alone in the car, I pop in my Edith Piaf CD and sing along to "Je ne regrette rien," at the top of my lungs. (My 2 year old niece also sings this song now, having heard it on Madagascar 3--it's a riot.

Three of your favorite things:  My family, good music and pie.

Two secret vices: It's no secret, I love pie--and pastries. There's a wonderful European bakery and restaurant in Salt Lake called Gourmandise. Their whole menu could substitute for a public listing of all of my vices.

One pet Peeve: People who are mean or cruel just because they can be.


About Annie Adams: 
Annie Adams is the author of THE FINAL ARRANGEMENT, book one in The Flower Shop Mystery series. She lives with her husband, two giant dogs, and two too giant cats in Northern Utah at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains. (Click HERE to be taken to the Amazon purchase site.) When not writing she can be found arranging flowers or delivering them in her own Zombie Delivery Van.

You can connect with Annie (and find out about upcoming releases and contests) via the following links:

6 comments:

L.L. Muir said...

Going to buy this book now! I need another Janet E.

Sandy L. Rowland said...

Congratulations on the release and interview. Wow! Love Janet E. and now more fun to be had with Annie. Thanks introducing this new author.

Annie, you do need a new beach memory.
That didn't sound fun at all.

Tiffinie Helmer said...

I can help you with that new beach memory. Just say when. So glad you are having such amazing success with this book. So when is the next one coming out??????

Annie Adams said...

Ooh, that is the question of the day, every day, around here. The sequel to The Final Arrangement, called Deadly Arrangements was slated to come out this spring.It still is... Spring doesn't end until June, right?

stanalei said...

Great interview, Annie. Looking forward to the next release.

Annie Adams said...

Thanks Stanalei. The story is really shaping up, just need to find more minutes!