Friday, January 31, 2014

Beach Chat with Heather Baker Weidner

The cool thing about being associated with an anthology, is that you work with the
other authors to make the project work.  I love meeting new authors, and today’s chatty girl is no exception.  Her story in Virginia is for Mysteries is “Washed Up” which is set along the shores of the Chesapeake Bay in an area called Chic’s Beach.  So pull up your beach chair as we dip our toes in the sand and chat. 

Today we’re chatting with: Heather Baker Weidner

Most cherished beach memory: I that I grew up in Virginia Beach. The beach was just part of life. I went to Kempsville High School, hung out at Milton's Pizza and Chic's Beach, and went to Virginia Wesleyan College. I had a great childhood. My dad was a police officer for over forty-two years, and I grew up with all of the stories from VBPD's finest.
 
Recommend a Beach Read: My beach bag is always filled with fun reads. There are way too many to list, but I like Michael Connelly, Chris Grabenstein, Claire Cook, David Baldacci,...  

         My favorite beach memory: is of the sand that was always everywhere. I could never seem to get it out of my car. I didn't realize how much I missed the beach until we moved to Central Virginia.

        Author I would like to sip Mi Tais with: Hemingway or Fitzgerald. It would be a fun party.
  
Worst non-writing job I ever had: I planned special programs for a company that hosted band trips. One summer, I had to go to band camp as an adult. Not fun.

Favorite quote or saying: "Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astair did, but backwards and in high heels."
~Faith Whittlesey 

Song that you dance to when no one else is watching: Unfortunately, there are way too many of these to list too..."Goodie Two-shoes," "Karma Chameleon," "Wake me up before you Go Go," There's a pattern there. What can I say? I'm an 80s girl...(Ed note:  I dare you NOT to dance along with this one!)  

Three of your favorite things:

Two secret vices: I love Elvis Presley, and sometimes, I will eat popcorn for breakfast.
  
One pet peeve: I cannot stand when people leave their carts in parking spaces instead of corralling them where they belong.

Bio/publishing credits/links:
Heather Baker Weidner, currently the Program Chair and chapter vice president, has been a member of Sister in Crime – Central Virginia since its foundation in 2010. She enjoys reading, writing, and traveling, and she has been a mystery fan since Scooby Doo and Nancy Drew. In addition to mysteries, she also writes the blog, Crazy for Words. Heather lives in Chesterfield County, Virginia with her husband and a pair of Jack Russell puppies.
            Learn more about Heather by checking out these links:
o   VIRGINIA IS FOR MYSTERIES: http://virginiaisformysteries.com/
o   Twitter @CrazyforWords13


No comments: