Monday, February 20, 2017

A BEACH TREAT

In my interview last Friday, one of the questions was, "Suggest a snack that pairs well with your latest release."  This is a no-brainer for any of you who know me, or have read any of my Blonds at the Beach Mysteries (The Blond Leading the Blond; Blond Faith). My go-to snack (for both me and my characters) is Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies!  Any flavor!

A few months back when I needed to develop a promo item that tied in with my books, I came up with a rack card that had a recipe for Cannoli Dip on the front (best served with Milano Cookies as dippeers), and a complete list of titles on the back, and a small pack of cookies stapled to it.  I prepared 400 of them. Presentation was key.  How's this for a WOW! factor?



I will admit to not seeing a huge bump in sales, but hopefully people kept the recipe card and someday will need something to read and will check out my books.

For those of you who haven't been to a signing lately to get your card and pack of cookies, I can at least share this super easy/super tasty recipe with you.  I taste-tested many variations before I found the perfect mix of smooth cream and chocolate crucnh (it's a tough job...but somebody had to do it.)  This is perfect for any occasion, be it a party or a quiet night curled up with a good book.

CANNOLI DIP
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup mini semi-sweet morsels

Whisk together the ricotta, powered sugar and vanilla extract.  Set aside.  Whip the heavy cream into stiff peaks.  Fold into the ricotta mixture.  Fold in the chocolate chips, reserving some to sprinkle on top.  Serve chilled, with Pepperidge Farm Milan Cookies as dippers.  Enjoy! 






No comments: