Thursday, February 11, 2021

DO YOU KNOW WHAT RHYMES WITH FRIDAY?

WINE!


If a writer really cares about their readers, they will conduct careful research on a given topic. Facts must be accurate. Unusual tidbits will make the story interesting. Whacky scenarios need be plausible (hence my attempt to outrun a bull across an open field, but that's another story for another day.)

Today’s research required me to hit the information highway in search of a witty/clever toast for a character to offer at her candlelight supper. No surprise, I got sucked down the rabbit hole of research. Before I knew it, I was looking through hilarious cocktail napkins. The following wine-related memes made my top-ten list (and don’t be surprised if you see one…or more…in a future story.)
  • Unlike milk, it’s acceptable to cry over spilled wine.
  • Never ask a woman who is drinking wine out of a bottle how she is doing.
  • I just bought a case of wine. I have a feeling my “Check Liver” light may come on this weekend.
  • It’s funny how eight glasses of water in a day seems impossible, but eight glasses of wine can be done in one meal.
  • Corks are for Sissies!
  • Novinophobia: The fear of running out of wine.
  • A day without wine is like…just kidding. I have no idea.
  • I’m not a wino. I only drink wine on two occasions: when it is my birthday, an when it’s not my birthday.
  • Roses are red. Wine is also red. Poems are hard. Wine.
  • Tonight’s forecast: 99% chance of wine.

CHEERS!

1 comment:

Maria Hudgins said...

Would that be a bulldog? or a bull frog? never mind. I couldn't outrun any of them.